Episode 0.0: Intro Song

Song “This is our game” by Letras Perfectas (Elimaz, Beix, Dekah, and DJ Twister)

Series: 
Every animated series needs it's intro song. So does Enter Sumo.

This is the beginning. I worked on creating my own animated series and with this intro song I begin to do just that. I stalled all these years but I recently focused on this dream and produced something. This intro song came about after I completed the first scene in the series. The series is called “Enter Sumo.”

When I completed the scene, however, I realized that I did not have an intro song to accompany the series. Or at least to accompany the first season. So I did not upload the scene and instead began working on the intro song. I came across the song when I was searching for free music online. I stumbled upon opsound and listened to the music that was available. I can’t explain it but the song “This is our game” by Letras Perfectas (Elimaz, Beix, Dekah, and DJ Twister) stood out for me. Because my series is about a sumo league the chorus and title around the word “game” made it perfect for this intro.

Once I had the song, I then had to create the visual that went along with it. I used the Blender software and decided to do a silhouette look throughout just to make it easier to get done. I assumed that if it’s just black and white then there is less worry about coloring and lighting. But if I was going to do just black and white imagery then I needed to make the video a bit creative. So my angle in the video is to make it seem like a two-dimensional view but move the camera to display a three-dimensional world. Looking at one shot the characters appear 2-D but as the camera moves you are now looking at another 2-D shot but in a different 3-D plane.

That’s it. That was my intent on this intro song. To make look at a 3-D environment through a 2-D lens.

Because it was taking me time to produce every frame of the video I decided to condense the song from 4 minutes to just 1 minute. All courtesy of iMovie. I would have taken much longer finishing this video had I not. And once I began looking at the intro song to other cartoon shows I saw that most were around the one minute mark in length. So I was okay with this decision. And so now it is out. All this work and it feels like such a relief to be done with this video. On to the actual episodes.

Add new comment

You must have Javascript enabled to use this form.